Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help eliminate feral swine/ small game laws
Showing my age here but, back in the early 80's My bro got himself hitched to his first wife . H aving limited resourses I was the driver to wisk them away to there honeymoon destination , her Granny's trailer in Tenn.
There was some animal out in Granny's lylack bushes behind the house , adventurous us and the freeloading uncle that stayed at Grannys decided we were going to catch the beast with an old volley ball net , we did .
My bro and I circled the bunch of bushes with the net and uncle let off a few rounds from grandpappys old single shot 12ga. , out came the rasorback .
It hit the net and kept on going , draiging us cityboys the length of the garden before it was too tangled to run .
Uncle shiftless came back with a rope and tied the boar up and we spent a couple three hours draging the huge boar back to grannys pig pen .
Come christmass time granny said that was the best holiday ham she ever ate .
Pig huntin' must be big in Tenn, there were dozens of places where smoke was rising from the mountin side , making mash for baitpiles I guess [sly] .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [davetclown] Help eliminate feral swine - by lonehunter - 01-07-2007, 03:10 PM