Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge lakers-not enough forage? Look at this one!
Jim maybe we could talk them Macks into not eating any cuts. LOL

At least in Wyo as long as there is a chance that a species of fish will eat one of the G&F's precious cutthroats they will want to try and eliminate that species.

Heres an example: Two years ago I was bowhunting up in the Labarge Creek area. After several days of hard hunting I decided to take the day off and hi the creek for some Brookies. So I got out the fly pole and hit the creek. After about half an hour without catching a fish or even seeing one, I knew something was wrong. I continued fishing and about five minutes later a Warden pulled up on the road and hollered to me "Any luck". After telling him no he then proceded to tell me that they had chemically killed the creek two weeks earlier and he was glad to see that it was successful. I asked him why they killed it and he said they killed it so the could plant some Colorado Cuts back in the creek, and they had to kill all the Brooks so they would have a chance to survive. This really made me mad because in my opinion Labarge Creek was one of the best Brookie fisheries around.

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against the Native Cutts that Wyoming is promoting, I like to catch them as much as anything. But to try and wipeout as many other fish as possible so they wussy cuts can survive is wrong in my opinion. I know the Macks are not feeding on many cuts if any at all, but since they are not a native fish to the waters they are a threat and need to be eliminated at least in many G&F opinions.

Just my thoughts
Wyobraz
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Tarponjim] Gorge lakers-not enough forage? Look at this one! - by Wyobraz - 05-10-2007, 04:39 AM