Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge lakers-not enough forage? Look at this one!
Somewhere along the line the Game and Fish has got themselves on a Native Fish kick. They only want the original native fish that were in the waters hundreds of years ago to be in there today. In my opinion they don't manage the Gorge well for the future. They would rather have every fish in the Gorge gone until there is only Cutthroats and maybe a rainbow. Of course this is just my opinion. There are today quite a few trophy quality fish in the Gorge. But there also is quite alot of pressure put on these fish using techniques that have been refined over the years. This makes them somewhat easier to catch, which is fine.

I really don't want to get into this and sorry Jim for doing it, but when the fish have more pressure, with more people, and some of them keeping one of the trophys, eventually the numbers are going to decline. I am not a catch and release kind of guy, in fact I keep my fair share of fish. But when it comes to Macks I only keep smaller ones (under28) and release the rest, so everyone will have the chance to catch one. I don't look down or critisize people when they keep one right know it is thier right, I just don't agree and wouldn't do it myself. I also know that this will never change anyone opinion, I should have never even typed it.

Later Wyobraz
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [ceedubya] Gorge lakers-not enough forage? Look at this one! - by Wyobraz - 05-10-2007, 01:48 PM