Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
caught a nice bass this morning
Anyone can keep whatever they want, as long as it's in accordance with rules. It's a personal choice issue. I have no problem with folks keeping their limit, in fact TubeDude and i filleted a few nice catfish from Utah lake a year back and cooked as per TD's instructions - very tasty!
Not because i don't eat fish, but i would rather go to the market an buy something that is already dead, than do my bit to contribute to the planet's problem of over fishing, over grazing and over populating.

Bass members aren't putting bass back simply to catch them again, it's more complex than that.
Bass fishing represents the largest chunk of the sport fishing industry in the country, and ensuring the survival of fat hawgs turns a lake from a "lake" into a "mecca", thus bringing a lot of cash to the towns around the lake. So making an effort to keep any game fish healthy ensures people who don't even fish stand to benefit from the thought process.
Of course - it is also important to listen to what the folks in the know say. If research indicates a certain fish needs its numbers brought down to maintain ecological balance, then they have to be kept. Emotions have no place in science and facts.

Anywayz, nice fish!

-ABT
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
caught a nice bass this morning - by soothsayer - 08-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Re: [soothsayer] caught a nice bass this morning - by AdictedBassTard - 08-20-2007, 11:55 AM