Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maple syrup time at farmer tim's
nope , not approved . farmer tim is one of the few remaining icons of a era gone by . he and his family do a lot of things the good old fashoned way . last week ( during the maple time as well ) he and his father butchered up a buffalo . that evening imagine sitting down to a 1-1/2 medium well done steak almost as big around as a car tire . he said it was better than any porterhouse steak he has ever had .

this comming week will be stealhead and suckers . as many suckers as he can get ! farmer tim , his father and mother spend the evening cleaning the fish and prepare them for canning . most people would cringe at the thought of eating suckers , but once you have tasted a good smoked one , well you will be hooked . as for the canned stuff , let me tell you how they got me to eat some .

before we went to the last boat show , farmer tim's family invited me over for "salmon patties " as dinner . the table was set with homemade biscuts , home canned stringbeans and corn , home churned butter , salad and the biggest platter of fish patties i have ever seen . the only thing from the store on that table was the dishes and the salt and pepper .

well they waited for me to taste the fish and then asked how i liked it , pure heaven i said . tim Smiled as his dad did too , his mom being a little cautous said , allen , that's not salmon , it's sucker patties . ( i suspect farmer tim wasen't going to say anything untill after dinner ) well i just looked at her and said , there delicous ! i'm going to have more please !

you should have seen that Smile on her face , a Smile of pride . that lady is one great cook i'll tell you that .

farmer tims family takes full advantage of the natural recorses that abound on there property . harvesting there own lumber , maple syrup , mushrooms , wild game , and fish . they continuously have some project going on that the whole family shares in . life couldn't get much better than that .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
maple syrup time at farmer tim's - by lonehunter - 04-04-2003, 04:11 AM
Re: [lonehunter] maple syrup time at farmer tim's - by lonewolf - 04-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Re: [davetclown] maple syrup time at farmer tim's - by lonehunter - 04-06-2003, 04:14 AM