Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing hurts.
My opinion is kind of religious based. And to note, I won't get upset if you don't agree...it's just MY opinion, doesn't mean I'm going to force you into it.
In the bible, God gave Adam dominion over earth and it's creatures. Now, some might say "That means we can do whatever we want". Maybe true... but if you don't respect the land and critters, it could turn out bad eventually (pollution, for instance).
It's not bad to eat animals...IF you do it in moderation. Use everything, like the Native Americans (and other tribal cultures), don't let anything go to waste. Yes, I think keeping calves and lambs penned up and fed only liquid diets full of "good" chemicles is bad... but I also seriously doubt a few bleeding hearts are gonna change the practice. If I had it my way, I'd be perfectly okay with veal and lampchops...if they were free-range raised.
I don't catch and release when I go fishing...some might say that's bad. However, when I reach my limit, I quit, and take home the fish and eat them. That isn't so bad, is it? Though I would release one I caught, that needs to be. But for the most part, I use this as both fun and food source!

Now, on the issue of pets. Fishhound has a point. I keep pet fish, which PETA might claim is cruel. Sure they've got less swimming space, than if they were in a natural river...but then again, they don't need to be fleeing from predators and searching out food...I feed them 2 times a day, both "man made" flakes, and I also have 'treats' of blood worms, brine shrimp, daphnae, and other stuff. They just have to float around and look pretty. In my opinion, pets are livin' the good life! (the ones that aren't being abused, that is...but that's another matter altogether)

There's my 2 cents on the soap box!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fishing hurts. - by Fishhound - 03-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Re: [Fishhound] Fishing hurts. - by FireMountain - 03-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Re: [Fishhound] Fishing hurts. - by catfish-logic - 03-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Re: Fishing hurts. - by Vivid-Dawn - 03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Re: [catfish-logic] Fishing hurts. - by TubeDude - 03-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Re: [Fishhound] Fishing hurts. - by bwhitty - 03-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Re: [Fishhound] Fishing hurts. - by hashbaz - 03-16-2008, 04:48 AM
Re: [hashbaz] Fishing hurts. - by Vivid-Dawn - 03-16-2008, 06:15 AM