Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Carp Fishing Styles
[black][size 3]The hair rig consists of just one hook. The bait is attached to the hair that extends from the hook. The afore mentioned HAIR is just a loop made from stiff fishing line - I generally use a braid or a superline like Fireline.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]What happens is, when the carp sucks in the bait, the hook goes with it. Then the carp feels the foreign object(the hook) and tries to expell the whole thing (hook and bait). While being spit out, the hook lodges in the carps mouth (usually the lip). Feeling the hook, makes the carp bolt and the hook generally impales itself further into the carps lip and the fight is on.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Hair rigs are one of my favorite methods of carp fishing. There are a variety of different ways to rig them for different situations as well.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Hey MinnowMagnet,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Great post and photos ! I'm looking forward to reading more and maybe exchanging some info. I like your tortilla tactic - I'll have to try that one sometime.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]It's nice to have another carp fishing fan on board ![/size][/black]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My Carp Fishing Styles - by MinnowMagnet - 03-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Re: [mattscru] My Carp Fishing Styles - by Fishhound - 04-10-2008, 03:59 PM