Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help
Hello-

I am new to the forum and I am in need of a little help.

I have been fishing at my small Company lake for a few weekends now, and I am not having much luck. I have used liver, worms, stink Bait, hot dogs, minnows, shad sides (dried up crap from Wal-mart) and out of all of that caught one 4lb channel on stink bait. I live in Kansas and the weather hasn't been real great yet. We have been hitting highs of around 65-70.

Now, they just stocked the lake last Friday. They told me 900lbs which equaled out to around 500 channels. So I am assuming most of what's in there is on the small side.

They are putting on a tournament this coming Saturday,and I am wanting suggestions as to what kind of bait to try. I have been reading several post on here in regards to what kind of bait,and I don't want to seem redundant but I have nearly exhausted every suggestion I have read. I was planning on trying leeches, and fresh fish of some sort. I would assume that the deepest spot in the lake is 30-40 feet. They have around 40 docks with an island coming across the middle. I think I have covered everything. I will try to respond quickly if there is something I have forgotten.

Thank in advance for any help or suggestions.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
A little help - by jjohnson268 - 04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Re: [jjohnson268] A little help - by daymere - 04-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Re: [jjohnson268] A little help - by Tarpon4me - 04-11-2008, 11:45 AM