Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which bait is best for trout?
I have to be careful to add links to messages because I do not want to violate the rules of this forum. There is a product called Trout Magnet I have used for two seasons now and it is killer on pan fish in lakes/ponds I have seen video of it being used in rivers for trout very effectively. What it consists of is a one-sixty-fourth ounce jig shaped like a shad dart with a split-tail grub suspended under a float. You have to twitch it and keep it moving all the time because the bite is always on the fall and because of the shape it falls more naturaly. I have noticed them for sale at Wal-Mart, but I buy them on-line.

You need to roam around this site...some of the old posts and some of the stickies. You can get some real good links and info on knot tying, which is a VERY important aspect of fishing that is sometimes ignored. There is a great thread on filleting fish. If you dig deep enough you can find info on different rigs and such. There is more information than you could absorb in one sitting thats for sure!
If you ever have any specific questions about some rig you heard about or a bait or lure you want to know more about, just throw it up here on the board and there is bound to be somebody with the knowledge to help you better understand it.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Which bait is best for trout? - by Ploe - 05-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Re: [Ploe] Which bait is best for trout? - by lskiles - 05-13-2008, 02:30 PM