Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Canada
Finally recovering from my trip to Armstrong Station, Ontario.. I'm definitely not used to fishing this hard up north..

Ice out was real late up there this year.. Plus it was cold (mid 50s) and rained every day.. We still caught fish, but no where near the numbers we usually catch.. Over the five days up there only one fish out of all that we caught and cleaned had any food at all in her stomach.. And no eggs anywhere.. Looks like we caught the fish right after spawn..

We did get up in to lakes that we never get to fish because the water was so high.. About 3 feet above last year.. We were able to scrape over rocks that are normally a foot or more above water.. That lake was choice for northern.. But they were almost all defensive strikes rather then feeding strikes.. Same for the walleye I would guess..

Last day, last afternoon, the fish finally turned on.. But we were so tired it was hard to enjoy it.. It seems to take a lot more energy to fish for fish that aren't really biting, in wind, in rain, and with my dad that still thinks he's fishing for blue gills Smile

Our best spots were when the wind was up and we worked the back side of islands where the whipped up waves/current eddied around the edges of the islands..

Anyway, another awesome trip, limit of fish brought home for the wife, and already reserved dates for next year..

Dad with his first every Wally

[Image: 2598225336_d26bdecc5c.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Back from Canada - by Feydakin - 06-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Re: [Feydakin] Back from Canada - by mactuna - 06-22-2008, 08:19 PM