Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's spark the PA Forum...
Oh, forgot to mention this: I'm on disability, so basically I can get away to go fishing any doggone time I please.

With me the problem hasn't been the $4-a-gallon gas (except for this past week, but that's another, longer story). It's been so many other things keeping me too busy to get out!

One of my identical twins, 18, who just got out of high school, went off to U.S. Marines boot camp at Parris Island, SC. I've had to ferry the other 3 kids who are at home around to this and that, and one of the two older daughters has needed rides to and from work. (Yes, I was naive enough to have 6 kids, 5 girls and 1 boy who now range in age from 16 to 25.)

But gas has cut down on the long-range driving. No more than 1 trip a year to Maine (I used to go up there around Christmas time to ice fish, too). Forgot to mention that. Heck, costs $250 just in gas to get up there, drive around and then drive home.

As for posting, I think people are just too busy. The computer hasn't made work easier, like they promised us. It's just made it easier to do more in a day. And management has become so addicted to this ever-increasing worker productivity that they just keep laying on more work, even while they're cutting their work force.

Just thinking about it has me grabbin' for my fishin' gear. I'm off to the lake, boys!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Let's spark the PA Forum... - by Martini78 - 05-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Re: [Martini78] Let's spark the PA Forum... - by basscaster - 09-17-2008, 02:02 PM