Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big people float tube recommendation
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]I am over 260. I fished SFCs for about 5 years before buying H3's for both me and my wife. We fished them for 6 months...a couple of trips per week. No matter how we adjusted the inflation or the backrests we could never fish comfortably in them. Got "butt cramps" or back aches.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sold the H3s and went back to new SFCs. Have never had a comfort problem since. Also, have never had a leak either, in spite of fishing for lots of spiny rayed fishes and dragging our craft over some rough ground. They are not as high quality in the materials as they used to be, but the fishing comfort is superior to the H3's. That is worth a lot to me.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh yeah, I know three other H3 owners in Utah who all complain about the comfort aspect. I suspect there are a lot more out there who do not visit our board and may not know the difference if they have never fished in other craft.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The H3s are the quality standard of the industry in terms of materials and construction, but why drive a hummer if it racks your body?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Bottom line...try before you buy if you can. Everybody has different needs and preferences. Your body size, shape and movements may be totally different than those of somebody else. Short trips don't magnify the problems much, but if you spend a full day on the water you want to be able to walk when you reach shore.[/#0000ff][/quote]
[cool]??????????????
You've never had a SFC leak?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Big people float tube recommendation - by jaybug - 12-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Re: [TubeDude] Big people float tube recommendation - by mojorizing - 12-29-2008, 02:24 AM