Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ode to Sturgeonkid and Tube Dude
I finally did it! I landed my first Largemouth Bass on spinning equipment out of my float tube (pontoon). The day started off great, I had my fishfinder setup on my toon, had a full charge on the battery, and the oars were in place. I decided to wet wade things because I knew the temp was going to get up into the 90's by the time I was done. Everything was set up, I go to get my fins out of the trunk and . . . . . . I must have let them at my parents place, 300 miles away. The wind was cooperative however, e.g., no wind or a very light breeze where I could drift along the most productive water, row back, and then drift again.

I caught my first LM on a 5" watermellon senko, fished weightless.

See pics on attachments!!!

I caught another that was much bigger on a black 'n blue jig n pig. I didn't have the drag set well on my spinning reel, gave it too much slack. Game, set, match, winner . . . Billy Bass. I still need to get a feel for when I get hit, never quite sure if it is a take or the bottom. Need more practice I guess.

Thanks again to Sturgeonkid and TD for all of their tips and e-coaching. I'm ready to go after them again!

ES
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ode to Sturgeonkid and Tube Dude - by EmuScud - 05-26-2003, 03:11 PM