Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capt. Ron Hamlin, Guatemala report
Marlin U is bringing their program over to Casa Vieja.

Now Ron's report for February:

[font "Tahoma"]Cold Dirty Water
Well I don't like to write a report like this, but you have days like this, at least that's what Mom told me.[/font]

[font "Tahoma"][/font]
[font "Tahoma"]18 / 19th - I was Blue Marlin fishing there's been as many blues as sails lately. I raised 2 one didn't bite and we jumped off the other after getting some great jumps out of it, we also raised 3 sails on the lures.[/font]
[font "Tahoma"][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][/font]
[font "Tahoma"]20th/ 26th - The first day we had a group of Missionaries, here giving there time to the orphanages in Guatemala City and Antigua. The stories they told me were heart wrenching, but I'll save that for a special report when I have all the facts correct. Anyway we fished 5 miles out in the only good water and raised 10 getting 8 bites and releasing 5.
[font "Tahoma"][/font]
[font "Tahoma"]The next 6 days was more of the same for me. Raising 37 getting 28 bites and releasing 15. I again fished close to shore rarely going over 10 miles out. Some of our other boats did better later in the week running a long way and finding better fishing as the good water got closer. There were a lot of Blues in close at least 15 or more were caught in there but by the other boats, I had a cold hand.[/font]
[font "Tahoma"][/font]
[font "Tahoma"]I did go to the Miami Boat Show, my mates and I received the Top Tagging Boat Overall for Billfish and also Top Sailfish Tagger. My crew and I have won these awards a few times and I felt it was time to step down and hope the younger Captains would take over tagging more and get the Honor of receiving this Award from The Billfish Foundation. I still intend to tag for the Anglers that care to, but just not participate for the awards.[/font]
[font "Tahoma"][/font]
[font "Tahoma"]Good Luck and Good Fishing you can still book me in March thru South Fishing. [/font]
[font "Tahoma"][/font]
[font "Tahoma"]Capt. Ron on the “Finest Kind”[/font][font "Tahoma"][/font] [/font]

Messages In This Thread
Capt. Ron Hamlin, Guatemala report - by Legend - 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Re: [Legend] Capt. Ron Hamlin, Guatemala report - by Legend - 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM