Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Trip Report
[Wink][Wink] Sorry about the delay on posting the result of our trip to the gorge. We have had some problems with our internet. We launched our boats on Friday(5-30-03) and fished our guts out until Monday(6-2-03) without any signs of a fish or let alone a hit. We jigged bunny jigs, tubes with sucker meat, trolled crocidiles, trolled popgear for bows and kokanee. You named we tried it. Finally on Monday afternoon a very nice gentleman at the KOA we were staying in told us we were fishing too deep. He told us to fish a flasher/ squid combo in 30 to 50 feet of water out on Antelope Flat trolling at 3.5 miles per hour. He showed us on the map which to points to troll between and everything. To make a long story short, we started in this area Tuesday morning and before 7:00am we boated three macs. Before we left Thursday morning we boated 26 macs between the two boats. 8 of the 26 were under 15lbs. All the other ones went between 15 and 33lbs. This turned out to be a trip to remember. We fished from five in the morning until noon when the wind machine kicked in. The water temp was between 59 and 62 degrees depending what time of day it was. There were a few boats jigging and catching fish in this area also. We were setting our down riggers at 27 feet and not moving them at all even if we were moving across deeper water. We never trolled in water less than 30 feet so we never had to worry about the bottom. I have tons of pictures if anyone wants to see them. I still haven't been able to figure out how to post pics so I could use some help. Thanks to all the guys on this board that sent me info on the gorge.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Flaming Gorge Trip Report - by crestliner - 06-07-2003, 04:52 PM