Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trophy Jordanelle Brown caught during netting by DWR for their research project...
I remember reading a book that my Dad had about a guy that pretty much dedicated his life to catching those monster browns out of the Gorge. The book had to be about 200-300 pages with about half of them being picture of 25 lb - 35 lb browns. Sometimes he would have 4-8 of them laying in his lawn. He made his own lure (cant remember the name) and fished all year. Like you mentioned, this was back in the 70's-80's. If I remember right, I heard they lost money to continue stocking browns there and all the money went to the Macs and that is why there was such a decline in Big Browns in the Gorge. You may catch a monster in there but pretty rare these days. As far as a rebound in the Gorge for the browns I would almost doubt it with all the Big Macs and Burbot that are in there!!!
TS
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Hooter_Patrol] Trophy Jordanelle Brown caught during netting by DWR for their research project... - by trout_slayer - 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM