Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You Tell I Love My Tube?
I use to think that way. We had a 18 1/2' Rinker, inboard outboard V6 merc. Sold it and bought a 14' Alumicraft with casting deck and everything like the bigger boats, plus a 4 stroke 25 hrs.
Suddenly, ever one wanted to go with us, so we sold the boat and bought a 16' Monarch, fully loaded.

Used it twice and sold.
In the mean time we had Caddis Donuts, Hi Plains U tube, SFC's, Hubby had a Anglers Inn 9' pontoon, I had a 6' Bucks Alpine.
I even had a small tube Float Power for a battery and motor on my donut then carried over to the SFC.
We then bought 4' pontoons (Echo) which we still have.
Got the 11 1/2' Cardiacs in 2001.
Added Freestyle H3, and the Navigator II so we now had at one time four different boats from 4' to 11 1/2'.
This year we sold the Cardiacs and the Navigator II, leaving us with
TWO ECHO's, One H3 (which is in Idaho) and TWO OUTLAWS.
We only use the Outlaws anymore, so YES you can have too many, and there is ONE that will do everything.

As I pointed out to Pat yesterday, My boat will fit in my Suzuki, but I would have to take the frame apart some. Not a big deal, just longer set-up and take down, which is Minutes.

Also, Pat and myself, kick entirely different. He kicks like a scuba swimmer because he sits lower in a tube, I kick like bouncing a child on my foot, I scoop. This is the kick required for sitting out of the water.
I think that is one of the reasons Tube Dude never cared for pontoons.

Oh and we can actually get our cars in the garage, or during the summer months, a flatbed trailer with two pontoons on it. Much nicer.[Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Can You Tell I Love My Tube? - by smallmouth89 - 09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Re: [smallmouth89] Can You Tell I Love My Tube? - by flygoddess - 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM