Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING

Hi TubeDude,

Beautiful wrappings. Then again, after seeing and appreciating your fine workmanship on the roadrunners and jigs you have done, I wasn't at all suprised.

Sorry to hear about TubeBabe. I kind of hope she didn't read the 'smoked her' comment. She will either have a relapse or get so bent out of shape she will recover twice as fast to get out there and 'smoke you'. ha ha

Another point on using a baitcaster or conventional reel is that you can use (cast decent distances) some of the new braid or co-polymer lines and have a line with a 6 pound test rating have a line diameter of 2lb test. Some of these same lines are not coffee grinder friendly.

Using an ultralite, soft rod will 'make up' for the non-stretch properties in the braid lines. All this while the braided line gives you the added sensitivity you would expect only in a stiffer rod. It sure seems that way to me when vertical jigging or casting to drift in the tube.

On the rod repair, do they still have those round, tapered white nylon rod-like pieces that I used to repair rods with? The nylon material was fairly stiff at the butt. It came in 2 or 3 foot lengths. I drilled a hole in the furle of the tip top and just dropped the piece (thickness was from 1 1/2 the diameter of a match head to the diameter of a match stick. I got these at an army surplus store and heaven only knows what they were originally used for.

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by TubeDude - 07-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Re: [TubeDude] ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by Taipan - 07-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Re: [Taipan] ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by TubeDude - 07-13-2003, 01:28 AM
Re: [TubeDude] ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by JapanRon - 07-13-2003, 06:12 AM
Re: [TubeDude] ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by Taipan - 07-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Re: [Taipan] ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by TubeDude - 07-14-2003, 01:06 AM
Re: [TubeDude] ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by Taipan - 07-14-2003, 03:08 AM
Re: [Taipan] ULTRA LITE BAITCASTING - by Taipan - 07-14-2003, 04:09 AM