Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Wyoming by Boat, new decal to buy $30 Non Resident
I had a tag on my windshield in the lucerne parking lot in february from the Utah DWR about the mussels, but I couldn't find any info on their website. There were only 4 boats on the lake that saturday, and we all got ticketed by Utah. The $10/$30 difference is nothing new, non-residents always pay more than residents for privileges anywhere. I stopped buying non-res utah fishing license when they hit $70 even though I am only 15 minutes drive from utah lakes. I would like to see a regional tag for mussel prevention that would do something to eliminate the threat in the western states, but the fact is the gorge will probably get the mussels sooner or later. Electric lake and red fleet have them, what is UDWR doing to get rid of them there? Flaming Gorge is one of the best fisheries in the US, and sees boats from all over the country and Canada every week. The only hope I see in avoiding it is to post enough signs and have enough people involved that it stops an angler and makes him think about where his boat has been before launching if he is from out of the area.
I guess the real question for us all is not the fact that wyoming has the fee, but why doesn't Utah?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [LakeDrifter] Fishing Wyoming by Boat, new decal to buy $30 Non Resident - by madmatt192 - 05-20-2010, 06:44 PM