Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught?
I've seen a blue heron dive in the water after a shad some guy threw off the back of his boat. His cast had a large arc and this bird watched it all the way to the water and then kamikaze'd it. The guy tried reeling it up really fast but is was too late. He dragged in the squawking bird whom had the bait down his throat and this heron proceeded to pecking and scratching hard enough that I'm certain he drew blood. The guy cut it loose and had to literally push it out of the boat because it was still kicking his ass.[laugh]

I have a bird story of my own... well, kinda. I was fly fishing Tibble Fork one night and my back cast fell straight to the ground as I swung forward. Followed the line back with a flash light and guess who? A bat intercepted my woolly bugger in mid air with only a millisecond window before it took off again. Now that's a pretty impressive way to commit suicide. I felt bad watching him lying on the ground with a fly stuck in his face and his little peeps were really making me feel guilty. I felt better after I crunched him like a bug and got my fly back.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [remo_5_0] What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught? - by fishguru73 - 06-24-2010, 11:23 PM