Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout at Strawberry
If there is any chance brookies could start reproducing in the berry, than I would agree that not introducing them would be best. I personally think it would be great to have one of our lakes be a multi-species trophy fishery to add variety. As much as I love Strawberry, it does get old catching a bunch of 18-21 inch cutts that fight like garbage and can be so predictable. I am really glad more and more bows are showing up and getting big. But if bows, why not some tigers and cutt/bow hybrinds too?! I understand cuttbows may be hard to distinguish from regular cutts and may hard to regulate with the slot but tigers, splake and brows are all easy enough.

I just can't see any down side to adding a few hundred thousand tigers ever year to add more variety. I would sure fish it more.

Now if the chub problem were under control at Scofield, I would actually prefer Scofield to become the melting pot of multiple species. The 10lb cutt and grundles of 5-8lb tigers proves what potential that lake has. But I am worried the chubs are taking over and that drastic action may be taken in the near future.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by limitone - 10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Re: [riverdog] Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by FOD - 10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Re: [doggonefishin] Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by Jacksonman - 10-26-2010, 08:27 PM