Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout at Strawberry
In one post I'm hearing "nature will find a way" and how great species adapt to unnatural environs and then in the next I'm hearing that Mantua didn't work because it's not like the Kamloops natural environment.

Also, I have to whole-heartedly disagree with the fact that native species find a way to adapt well to introduced species. We literally have dozens, if not hundreds of examples of this being proved wrong in Utah alone. Anyone ever heard of Utah Lake and carp? Why has there been a huge need to RE-introduce cutthroats to native drainages in Utah? I will say that many NON-native species do well and adapt to other NON-native species being introduced. But we've seen time and time again how negative of an impact introducing random species has on the natives.

I do believe the state will expand the tiger muskie program with their new facilities. They are currently in 6 lakes that I'm aware of. I'm sure that will increase as time goes on. I'd love to see them in Deer Creek and Jordanelle.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by limitone - 10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Re: [riverdog] Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by FOD - 10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by TS30 - 10-28-2010, 02:28 PM