Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout at Strawberry
I'm working out of state-84 hrs + don't have time to read the entire post so forgive me but I read the 'third' page. Time and time again I read posts that go off tilt but this one is a good one. Never read anything about tiger trout in Strawberry [laugh] but tiger muskies were brought up. One thing that really struck me was the thought of introduction of TM's to DC and the 'nelle. DC is a toilet bowl (often some nice 'eyes though, I will admit that), the bass are stunted, perch are far and few between (for now), rainbows are stocked yearly by the thousands for eats, sunfish-bluegill are tiny, carp are very numerous-like a clear water UL, oh! I forgot white bass. TM's in DC would not bother me at all. It's already a melting pot of disaster. Jordanelle is a different story. Yes, there are chubs in Jordanelle but much like Starvation they are not a 'trash fish', they are a forage species that the predatory species feed on. Finding a young of the year chub in Jordanelle is not very common, there are plenty of 12-13 year old class chubs that are great for makin' babies but they get eaten up by the bass and perch and cutts and browns...and walleye [mad].
All hypothetical of course but I don't see TM's in the 'nelle a good idea. Despite controlling the numbers that are stocked you would introduce another predator to the top of the food chain.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by limitone - 10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Re: [riverdog] Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by FOD - 10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Re: [mojorizing] Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by fsh4fun05 - 10-29-2010, 03:09 AM