Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Questions
Coot,

A couple of things to consider, I "assume" you have a smaller boat. Like BLM said, the wind can come up without warning and the lake can get nasty in a hurry if you are on the big section near Lucerne. You might want to consider Sheep Creek bay to launch at. It's much more sheltered than Lucerne and you can get back to the launch without running through big water. Guys fish Linwood Bay in small boats a lot, but, be careful. After Labor Day is an excellent time to fish and the fishing will only get better through the winter. Spend a couple of days learning the lake now and you will be better prepared for the cold weather, you spend less time looking and more time fishing. 80 FEET, find 80 feet on a ledge or a mound and you are there. I'd be glad to help if I can, but, judging from this weekends performance, you might want to listen to someone else. I have the phone numbers of motels in the area if you need them. I also know a good place for a $5.00 turkey sandwich if you find youself in need of one. Bring everything you think you need because you'll pay double for it in Manila. Also, gas is 20 cents a gallon cheaper in Evanston than anywhere else along the way.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Flaming Gorge Questions - by Old_Coot - 08-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Re: [Old_Coot] Flaming Gorge Questions - by Gumbo - 08-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Re: [Old_Coot] Flaming Gorge Questions - by IceFishingGod - 08-24-2003, 04:38 PM