Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lava hot springs, Idaho fishing?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Fish the Portneuf River. It runs thru town but you can follow it up Old US 30 Road, going out of town to the east. There are plenty of Sportman's accesses to get on the river. Take your tube or pontoon boat and drift the river. It is good river fishing and a very pretty area. Jigs, flys, spinners, and good old worms should do the trick.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The Portneuf runs out of Chesterfield Reservior but from what I heard, Chesterfield is non existent anymore. I don't know the current condition it's in but supposedly it was drained not too long ago. Maybe someone will have better info than me. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](edit) If I remember right, the river is closed to fishing within the city limits. I guess it's so you won't snag all the folks riding tubes down the river thru town. As MGB suggested, check out the proclamation for the correct info. There are several places in town that sell tackle and bait and should be able to give you the most up to date info.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lava hot springs, Idaho fishing? - by hustler898 - 08-29-2003, 03:59 AM
Re: [hustler898] Lava hot springs, Idaho fishing? - by BearLakeMack - 08-29-2003, 11:43 AM