Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah should ban all bait completely where they have slot limits
RE"hat about bass anglers that catch bass in colder months from deep water? This causes problems for those bass because they have a swim bladder that expands when pulled rapidly from deep water, and cause the bass to have problems. So, in the minds of many bass anglers, the solution is to "fizz" the bass and then send them back on their way to the depths (after puncturing the fish with hypodermic needle)."

I realize that a certain prominent basser likes to get on here and boast about doing this, but you may be surprised to know that I and several others that like to fish for bass agree with you. It is exactly the same and I don't like to haul up bass from the depths like that. The increased mortality is clearly proven. Fortunately, when the bass are that deep, the trout fishing is the best, so no problem finding something to catch.

RE"This same situation could be applied to perch as well. "

I never thought that I'd see the day when YOU were defending perch. What is the temperature in the netherworld today? FWIW, the point would be valid except that 99.99998 percent of perch anglers will be releasing the perch into a bowl of batter and then a frying pan as opposed to the water.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [PBH] Utah should ban all bait completely where they have slot limits - by doggonefishin - 01-20-2011, 08:51 PM