Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ammo question
Ahhhhh, the infamous hi point. This is normally where I make fun of you, but I understand the budget thing with the economy the way it is. [cool]

The fact is, they are ugly, heavy, and clanky. But, they are very accurate (fixed barrel) and go bang when you pull the trigger. (most of the time) A cheap gun is better than no gun, and because of the weight of it, if it ever fails you, you can always club the hell out of them. [sly]

I would not use +P ammo in that Hi Point, just an FYI. But, definately go with the 147 grain ammo. It makes a difference, and it shouldn't cost any more money, if it's the same make and model ammo.

One very good thing about Hi Point is that their customer service and warranty service is actually top notch. There are also many torture test that can be found on youtube.com in regards to the hi point. They are pretty tough, and continue to shoot through some harse conditions and wear. They also have VERY LIGHT recoil, because of their weight, so it's not a chore to shoot, even in the larger calibers. But, they tend to not shoot consistently, which is what you really need in a weapon that is being used exclusively for self defense. Once you get comfortable with this gun, and you get serious about self defense, or maybe you decide to humor a concealed carry permit, jump back on the boards. We'll help you find a defense worthy pistol in your price range.

Congrats on your purchase though. Guns are like Tatoos, once you get one, you want more. [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
ammo question - by albinotrout - 03-31-2011, 05:02 AM
Re: [albinotrout] ammo question - by BEARCLAW - 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Re: [albinotrout] ammo question - by Tarpon4me - 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] ammo question - by albinotrout - 04-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Re: [albinotrout] ammo question this time 9mm - by Tarpon4me - 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM