Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for gear recommendations!
check costco for waders the one in poky has the breathable type for 35 bucks that i have bushwaked through a tonof streams this year wiht out ripping up, vest why bother i oftimes use a hiking fannypack thing that also holds water bottles, reels watch cabelas bargan cave and the other sites as well, ebay is also a great source for decent stuff also remember for the most part i use my reel to hold the line so it does not get in a tangled mess i have caught 20in plus fish and fight them in just stripping the line in, wading boots i use old tennis shoes until i won a pair in a door prize a few years back so don't worry about your apperance. I was fishing the box in IP a few years back and this rig from CA pulled up and the guy probably had 5 grand worth of rod, reel, verst wadders, 12 in dive knife (shook my head at that one), hat glasses the works all St. croix and glooms stuff. i was using grandpas old fiberglass fenwik a beatup old fly reels wadding in shorts with a box of flys stuffed in the pocket. He did not catch a dang thing and i had one of my best nights down there. work on presentation and technique and don't worry about gear
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Looking for gear recommendations! - by BamBam75 - 10-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Re: [cpierce] Looking for gear recommendations! - by thebug - 10-28-2011, 05:55 AM