Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed rules for 2011-2012 Idaho "7 fish challenge".
Sorry guys, I've been away from my computer for several days. It feels like a need to defend my PROPOSED rules.

I think many folks didn't read all my proposed rules and that they missed the 25 inch max rule. In my mind the 25 inch max rule evens things out quite a bit and should make it a more competive contest. I've caught several species of trout at or near the 25 inch mark including Rainbows, Cut-Throat, and Browns as well as Catfish, Carp, Suckers, and Pike-Minnows. If you fish Henry's Lake, a 25 inch Brookie is a REAL possibility. I don't even know if there are any lakes in Idaho where an Atlantic Salmon a still stocked, but I didn't want to rule them out. Heck, I don't want to rule out anything that can be caught through the ice.

Whether you do or don't live where you could catch a Northern, a T-Muskie, or a Laker, how many of us have, and then how many of us have caught them through the ice. I've never caught any of those 3, let alone through the ice. I also don't live in a area where I have much of a chance of catching a Brown or Brook through the ice of any size to speak of. I catch 1 or 2 Browns ever 3 or 4 years from Magic. Some of you have the opportunity to catch one every year without fail.

If you think my rules are too hard, then someone else can write the rules. I was just trying to make it fun. Someone else can run the contest if they'd like also. It's not a big deal to me. Don't opt out of the contest because you don't like the rules I PROPOSED or because you don't want me to run it. Let's fix them and have one anyway. Honestly, I don't even care if I compete. I just stepped up and said I run it because I thought it would be fun.

Remember, these are just PROPOSED RULES. Let find something that makes everyone happy.

Seems we had fairly poor participation last year, so I was trying to liven it up a bit. Also, I was trying to add more species so that people had more leeway to get their 7 species. Last year I tried to enter a Coho and it was poo-pooed because it wasn't specifically listed in the "included" list. I didn't think the "included" list was an ONLY list. I thought it was an example list.

Anyway.......................... peace out.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [windriver] Proposed rules for 2011-2012 Idaho "7 fish challenge". - by iwantabuggy - 11-02-2011, 02:50 AM