Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch Lake: Transcript of Wildlife Board Comments at meeting on 11/03/2011
If I wanted to see a different regulation on a water like say Panguich Lake I would make up a petition stating the change I wanted, then I would go to say Sportsmans and ask if I could stand out side and ask people to sign. If they said no I would ask my friends and see if they would ask there friends to help. I would ask the question on BTF as a survey. Then I would take it all to the RAC. Takes some time. If my thoughts were good maybe ask Fish Tech and other fishing stores for help. That is how one person makes a difference, by asking for help and hard work.

When was working on Prop 5 Don went to strawberry and ask people to help out but the "fishermen" didn't want to help. Another post here talked of the hunters being organized, he was correct. On prop 5 it was hunters, trappers and hounds men that helped the most when I called them to run booths and phone banks. If fisherman were to organize like say the Rocky Mountain Anglers they would see results.

The other part is what if want I want is not the best for the fishery, or how much will it cost, is it biologically feasible.

Yea there are politics involved, that is the way it is and it's not all bad. I personally appreciate the work the DWR does for us. Working on Prop 5 gave me that appreciation.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Enlightened_One] Panguitch Lake: Transcript of Wildlife Board Comments at meeting on 11/03/2011 - by skeeterfishn1 - 11-09-2011, 03:11 AM