Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I need?
worm clothing,

you live in minnisota, I dont need to tell you how important that worm clothing is.

so here is a tip on dressing for the bitter cold.

dress in layers, just puting on a set of thermals will keep you worm for a short time, till you start to sweat. if you wear a couple T shirs, a sweat shirt a pair of sweat pants under you regular pants then put on your thurmals, not only will you stay worm, you will be quite comfortable out on the ice when every one else is huddling in the cabin.

buy a spare set of liners for your boots when you perchas them. this way you can have one set drying and wearing the other set on the ice.

gloves are a must, you will want them when hauling your equipment back and forth, you may not need them if you get your self a muffler, (a muffler is a round tub hand wormer, a good one will be made from muskrat hides or other worm insulated real furs. you can wear a pair of light gloves or no gloves at all while fishing and using the muffler.

a towl is a must if you are going to fish on the ice, you just never know when you are going to end up with your and at the bottom of an ice hole, all the way up to your elbo. many a seasoned hard water angler will atest to this.

you should wear a knited stocking hat along with having a parka to throw over your head to keep the wind form blasting the 90% of heat loss from escaping emeadeatly
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What do I need? - by DrownedDesertRat - 09-07-2003, 03:20 AM
Re: [davetclown] What do I need? - by SLAYERFISH - 09-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Re: [SLAYERFISH] What do I need? - by davetclown - 09-12-2003, 12:07 AM
Re: [tubeN2] What do I need? - by Flagmanonice - 09-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Re: [Flagmanonice] What do I need? - by fishfather - 09-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Re: [davetclown] What do I need? - by tubeN2 - 09-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Re: [DrownedDesertRat] What do I need? - by davetclown - 09-28-2003, 06:33 AM
Re: [davetclown] What do I need? - by lonehunter - 10-10-2003, 12:16 AM