Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solving two 2lb Test Line Problems

Here's a solution to two problems others, besides me, may have when using 2lb test line.

Problem 1
Some lures use split rings to attach whatever to whatever else. In no small number of instances, the 2lb test line I often use gets caught in the split ring when retreiving the lure. If you mess up, when you try to pull the line from between the rings or turn the split ring to get the line out you turn it the wrong way and make it worse as the line goes inside the ring. It also can cause the like to kink or nick. When it's dark or the lure is very small this is frustrating.

A Solution
I've used both fingernail polish and 'marine' goop (blue tube) to fill in the split of the split ring with success. I prefer the polish. Let the goop dry for a few days for best results. Polish is the quick fix.

Problem 2
Some hook manufactures make there hooks so that the end of the eyehook is not completely closed. Result is that very thin lines can go inside the eyehook. Or almost as bad getting the line out of the eyelet causes the line to nick. Ya, great! Nick a 2lb test line and whatda ya got?!

A Solution
Just trying to close the gap of the eyelet doesn't solve the problem. Again the nail polish or the 'marine' goop (blue tube) solves the problem. On the goop, you should let it dry a couple of days. Polish is the quick fix.

I fish two pound test for a lot of fish fresh and saltwater. I would suspect that some untra-thin 4 pound may cause problems too.

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Solving two 2lb Test Line Problems - by JapanRon - 10-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Re: [JapanRon] Solving two 2lb Test Line Problems - by fishfather - 10-06-2003, 06:11 PM