Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubbleup Whitie Whackin' 2-10-12
"TD very humbling as we aren't even close to being in the same league as you when it comes to fishing. Very novice fishing folks and learning with each outing."

[cool][#0000ff]To me, our sport is not a contest to see who can outdo everybody else and then brag about it. I am more impressed with sincere students of the sport who always keep an open mind and who seem to learn something new on every trip...and who are kind enough to share their findings with others.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Humble "novices" get a lot more love from me than those who never post because they look down on all the rookies and newbies who only want to steal their "top secret" techniques. These folks seem to overlook the fact that at one time they were the rookies looking for help from others...and they were probably more demanding than polite about asking...and they probably didn't even say thank you when someone did help them.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]In the middle are the bulk of BFT members...who enjoy the heck out of fishing and also enjoy sharing with others...both directions.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]You gals are well respected by myself and others on BFT for your obvious passion for fishing and for your willingness to share all but your most hardwon special secrets. Nothing wrong with that. After all, we all gotta maintain a little mystery...just to keep other folks interested and not taking us for granted. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As I have heard it said about modesty in dressing (just like fishing)...a woman's greatest asset is a man's imagination. Same thing with fishing. We sometimes enjoy a fantastic day on the water (ice) even though we had to really work at it. But it's okay to report as if it was just a routine trip...and let the wannabees envy your success. The flip side is that if the catching was easy you can make it SOUND more difficult than it really is. It's all in the packaging.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]So...no need for false humility. You gals are very good at what you do and don't need to apologize to anybody on this board...for anything except humbling the rest of us who would like to enjoy the success you have earned through a lot of hard effort and careful study. [/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bubbleup Whitie Whackin' 2-10-12 - by TubeDude - 02-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Re: [k2muskie] Bubbleup Whitie Whackin' 2-10-12 - by TubeDude - 02-11-2012, 07:39 PM