Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubing and Tooning Buyers' Guide
[cool][#0000ff]The folks at DMV need edumacatin' on tubes and toons. Most of them don't got a clue. Even when you tell them they are inflatable watercraft and are not manufactured with hull numbers they just get a glassy look in their eyes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Take a picture of your craft...hopefully with the motor installed so they can see what you are talking about. Then take a copy of the receipt or bill of sale...because they want to charge you a tax when you first register it. There will likely be some head scratching and a high level conference with at least 10 other DMV personnel but they will eventually assign you a number and give you the stickers. Then you have to buy the numbers and letters and figure out how to mount them. The pockets on your craft will help.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was given two DMV locations for registering watercraft. One in Draper on Minuteman Drive and one at 380 W. 2880 South in Salt Lake. I went to the Salt Lake office twice...to register both my tube and TubeBabes. The first trip was the worst. I had copies of that paperwork on the second so I could show them what they needed to do. That went a lot faster. But they don't give discounts for helping them do their job.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tubing and Tooning Buyers' Guide - by TubeDude - 02-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Re: [The_Red_Leaker] Tubing and Tooning Buyers' Guide - by TubeDude - 04-11-2012, 02:59 PM