Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plant tiger trout in the berry
i'm a huge fan of the idea of enhancing the rainbow trout fishery at strawberry. and like many of you, wonder how the Kamloops rainbows would do in there. why not? are they expensive to hatch and raise? how do they hold up against whirling disease?? how about a sterile Kamloops? being spring spawners, the sterilized rainbows are important according to the DWR.

unfortunately, until the rainbows are managed properly at strawberry we wont see these fish grow to their "true" potential. the bows in the berry are being managed as put-and-take, which is Sad.[:/] its amazing how fast they grow, and with a little size restriction the rainbows in that lake would be AMAZING.[Smile] we have plenty of put and take fisheries in Utah. how about just a couple true trophy fisheries? The bows really are the most fun to catch at the berry, and the reason i go back.

The cutthroats, as beautiful(and necesarry) as they are tend to be like dragging a stick off the bottom. Dont get me wrong, the cutts are the primary reason the fishery being as healthy as it is, but not as much fun to catch.

not sure the tigers are needed, let the cutts do their job. they have been for what 15+ years now? The chubs seem to be in control, it's not by chance.

long live the strawberry rainbow!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
plant tiger trout in the berry - by duckdog1us - 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Re: [duckdog1us] plant tiger trout in the berry - by Tangled_not - 05-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Re: [PBH] plant tiger trout in the berry - by PBH - 05-09-2012, 03:31 AM