Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some good news on Utah Lake
[quote joethafoe] The wildlife officer said the only forum hes been to is the fish game and wildlife. He said he would read fishing repots from tye dye twins there. I told himm they post fishing reports on this site too. So unless you personally know of dnr officers who go on this site and are present when they visit this site, I would say thats kind of a scare tactic and spread of disinformation.[/quote]

I do have a few followers on this site and many others. The other day my car died at Fish Tech and some firefighters stopped and offered to jump our car. Then they asked, "did you guys go fishing today"? We said yes and they said, "we look forward to your post tonight tyedye's". Cool guys.

At Rockport we had a DWR officer come up to us and say, "hey Tye Dye's, I have always wanted to meet you guys". He shook our hands and we had a chat about fishing.

They do cruise the forums, but mostly stay out of the bickering.
The best example I have as proof is when someone started a thread on here that said the DWR page claimed there are Lake Trout in Utah Lake....within minutes it was taken off the DWR page!

The company I work for says that they do not want you to mention your place of employment on the web, so that the image of the company is not tarnished, ruined, or looked down apon. I'd imagine the same goes for the workers of Utah's Fish and Game.

I guess the point that everyone is trying to make is that the transport of fish from one body of water to another is illegal and for good reason. You might just unknowingly transport a disease, virus or invasive species to another body of water.

People do make mistakes. Once at Fish Tech Mr Get Gepheart himself was there trying to buy a license. He wanted to take Bluegill from one pond and place them in another body of water. When told that is big time illegal those plans of his were scrapped fast! But that is why he asked first and then did not act...instead of just going for it...Smart guy!

As for the orginal poster....enjoy Ut Lake man, there are 96,000 acres for you to explore in your own backyard!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Some good news on Utah Lake - by happybob91 - 06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Re: [joethafoe] Some good news on Utah Lake - by EvilTyeDyeTwin - 07-10-2012, 04:17 PM