Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore Lunchin Munchin Trout?
So you Kung-Fu masters have been upgraded to Militia! Woah. Watch out!
I like the stove idea, if you're in/out. TDs foil is a great way to go if you've got a fire, and time. But - if you have to keep moving for them boils, well... don't wanna leave a campfire smoldering in the back country!

Dab of butter, garlic, salt/pepper, maybe some onion flakes. Then some broth - if you want. You can bring a bullion cube - or stash a few cold brews deep in your pack. Splash for the fish, sip for the fisherman.

Do you filet your fish? I've you're planning to pack them out - I'd definitely suggest that. Get away from the guts!

If you want to keep them fresh and pack them out - you might consider a no-bake cooking, forget what it's called - but basically pickling with citrus - lemon/lime, salt - you can cook without cooking.

Back in the olden days before refrigeration, they'd pack meats and fish on salt to preserve.

I'll have to dig up the recipe - friend gave me for bottled fish. You probably can't pressure can, but with the stove you could cook and 'bottle' enough to make it back to trailhead safely.

I think it's water, salt/pepper, vinegar, some dressing (like an Italian dressing) then bottle/can.

Messages In This Thread
Shore Lunchin Munchin Trout? - by TyeDyeTwins - 08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Re: [TyeDyeTwins] Shore Lunchin Munchin Trout? - by CoyoteSpinner - 08-04-2012, 08:50 PM