Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore Lunchin Munchin Trout?
[quote Troll]Agreed, 2 bags of ice plus cooler on a pack frame would be about 50 lbs to lug up those hills, no thanks.

I suggested Trout on a stick, and trout with bisquits on a stick, plus a true canadian shore lunch with Bacon, Potatoes, Fish and Beans in his pan over the MSR.

Then went off on a home made creel cooler derail/rant to again attempt to bring some fish home in.
That TyeDye guy is probably out fishing today, but I expect him to chime in soon on todays suggestions.

Last year he could have still scooped up some snow to pack them home in from up there.
If he'd just fish for cats in the summer he could just throw them in the truck bed for the hour long ride home and they would probably still be alive when he got there.[Smile][/quote]

Well well well. I was a tad shocked to see 44 comments after my uinta trip today. Yes you were right I was out fishing!

So yes I did ask the question on another forum what ways I could store them to get them home. I got some great answers. BTW I loved the "home made creel" idea. That one I will save.

Then it occurred to me that why not eat them right there. Hey now I don't have to pack food and now there is more encouragement to catch something. When the afternoon lull hits you can eat instead of sit on the beach in boredom.

Hint hint camping trips are coming soon in the backcountry as well.

Now if only there was a lake that I had to hike to in the mountains that had catfish I'd be one happy camper!

P.S. - Totally jealous of the beaver creek stuff man. If it is the one I am thinking of. I recall I spent some time on that creek this spring in my "Tye Dye's Big Adventure" post.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Shore Lunchin Munchin Trout? - by TyeDyeTwins - 08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Re: [Troll] Shore Lunchin Munchin Trout? - by TyeDyeTwins - 08-06-2012, 01:52 AM