Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will be taking our 14ft aluminum boat for the first time in the upcoming weeks, advise please
I run a 12ft flatbottom Jon Boat, and have a smaller gas motor, but probably use my electric troller most of the time.

Couple suggestions - use good gauge wire, and install a breaker - probably need 50amps. A spare battery has been handy to have. DO charge up right away. A drained battery stored loses life lots faster than if you keep them juiced.

I got a cheap electric bilge pump in addition to carrying a bail bucket, and YES there are times you'll be glad to have them. A horn/whistle - yeah. Life jackets for every boater (some spare cheap oranges one's aren't a bad idea), but you do want a "throwable" floation device. Can double as a bench cushion.

Also - don't go up the creek without a paddle, or set of oars. I saved a ski-boat that had motor trouble and was trying to paddle into the wind with a ski.

Good luck. Sure you'll have some fun.

Messages In This Thread
Re: [BridgerM] Will be taking our 14ft aluminum boat for the first time in the upcoming weeks, advise please - by CoyoteSpinner - 04-10-2013, 09:54 PM