Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to avoid accidental hook ups?
[quote flygoddess][quote fishinfudd]Last summer I actually got a double on two dries. It was freaking awesome. I would never have believed that was possible. It was On the Ogden right below the Oaks, the fish were keyed in on a PMD hatch. I tied on a #14 adams in front of a #18 pmd. The adams was just to help me spot my pmd. Whatching two trout rise for my flies at the same time was pretty neat. The fish weren't that big, 12 to 14 inch range. I thought there was no way I would net both fish, but I did. They kind of fought against each other more than they fought me. It was a neat experience I will never forget.

On a seperate note sometimes fishing two flies isn't always about trying to catch fish on both. Sometimes that lead fly is used for a strike indicator wet or dry. Sometimes its there just to attract fish to your target fly. Any way you use multiple flies I personally prefer it over one fly.[/quote]

Totally believe that. I have used an attractor and a nymph, and they kept hitting the nymph. so I too the attractor off. Then it turned off, put it back on and there they were. Maybe it was the attraction, or maybe that fly and the drag just put the nymph in the right zone.[/quote] +1 I find in dirtier water like the weber, that a big attractor fly such as a prince or pt will add the "flash" and get the attention of the fish just in time as the dropper floats by...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
How to avoid accidental hook ups? - by flynewb - 04-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Re: [flygoddess] How to avoid accidental hook ups? - by TylerKunz - 04-16-2013, 04:30 AM