Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to fly fish. What should I get?
Getting my wife involved in Flyfishing. So I took her to BassPro Shop. Bought her a White River Intruder 8wt 9' 4pc rod...Now some background info - I fish for Salmon, and large Pike/Musky on the fly. I was sceptical of the rod because it was $40. so the salesman took and set it up with some WF8F and we went to the pond outside the front door. The pond is 60' - so I started to cast - did a double haul and shot the line with precision to the rocks on the opposite side of the pond. Measured out it was 65'...Cool...So I bought 2 Plus a WR3 reel for my wife.

Spooled the reel with 150yds of Spiderwire braid, WF8F Scientific Angler, 5' Sinking Lead Core, 12' Leader/Tippet 8# floro

Took it out the other day and tied into a 43" musky. Est. weight of 25 pounds on the Susquehanna River near Wrightsville PA. using a 1/0 - 4 Salmon Slammer Optic - in Orange/Black.

The rod did a great job...My suggestion is to get one before they run out - its well worth the money. Rod blank is a Lamiglas and feels like a 45M Modulous.

Im going to take it Salmon Fishing in Michigan this fall, and look forward to its performance.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [rw02kr43] I want to fly fish. What should I get? - by emal7717 - 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM