Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake and line breakage for the last month
3 trips. I took my daughter and we went to Lincoln beach and fished the weedline around the Slough. It was slow at first and we ended up catching about 5, 2-3 lbs. Ended up on a good day. I changed all my lines last year with 8 lb flourocarbon line. We had 6 breakoffs losing 6 large cats. Couldn't believe it.

2nd trip - I took my bro and niece out, same place. The weather cooled and we spent 2 hours with nothing, Finally started doing better and ended up with 4. I changed the lines to 10 lbs stren. I hated that line - its bulky and has a memory.

3rd trip. - last week.I tried to find new areas unsuccessfully. I went straight west about 3 blocks from Lincoln, hoping to untap some larger cats not felt by the population pressure. I mudcat. Cooler 80 degree weather.
Seen carp, had my gig but couldn't get near them. I also forgot to putll my minnow trap in and lost that (the 2nd one I lost). Didn't get any minnows either. I failed to bring worms and whitebass meat, only brought carp meat and dough. That may have been the problem.

Overall, prob should've hit Willard or Yuba or Strawberry.

Any opinions on braided lines? Are you sold on flourocarbon. I think I'll go back to 6 lb.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Utah Lake and line breakage for the last month - by Marathonman - 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM