Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best type of baitcasting reel for my needs?
I'll do the hands-on approach and check out the Shimano Cardiff in 200 & 300 and the Abu Garcia AmbasSadeur in 45, 55, and 6500 and see where it leads me. In the end, if I realize I don't benefit from throwing lures with it, I'm sure it'll be optimal for drift fishing with 2 ounces over my spinning rig.

Also, mentioned earlier was the fact that you don't have interchangeable spools. True, but can't you pretty much tie on any size leader onto your main line? Excluding salmon season, I mainly use 8 or 10lb. Fireline and using the yucatan knot, I attach my 6, 8, or sometimes 10lb. fluorocarbon leader directly to my line. I've caught 20+lb. kings on accident with 8lb. fireline and a 6lb. leader. I'm sure if I had a baitcasting setup with maybe 15lb. Fireline and a 10 or 12lb. leader, I'd be safe. And out of salmon season, I could still use that main line and use a lighter leader. I'm not so worried about not being able to change out my main line.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [jason41987] Best type of baitcasting reel for my needs? - by Chris_530 - 07-13-2013, 06:45 AM