Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best type of baitcasting reel for my needs?
Since Sportsmans Warehouse is about 30 minutes from me, I went to my local fishing place here in town that is privately owned and talked with the owner and felt a few differents reels. Some of what he said seemed to contradict everything I've read online, which made me wonder if it was just an old man telling me what he thought as opposed to what he knew, although he did say he fishes both spinning and baitcasting. He said a spinning reel will cast MUCH further than any baitcaster. Even with me being a spinning guy, I for some reason don't believe that. He also told me that what Shimano and Abu Garcia told me as far as me being better off with a round baitcaster was BS. He said that the round baitcasters aren't very good for casting with distance and that's why I should focus more on a low profile, but that they still won't cast as far as a spinning reel. I don't know if I'm going to feed into that just yet. I will say that I liked the feeling of the Cardiff over the AmbasSadeur, though. I think maybe I should just invest in something like an Abu Garcia Silver Max and see how it works for me before going for the pricier round reel.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [jason41987] Best type of baitcasting reel for my needs? - by Chris_530 - 07-13-2013, 10:57 PM