Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter to the Governor, Willard Bay inlet
I am not arguing that point at all....but in your letter you said that the inlet should be protected during the spawn for the "exact" same reasons as listed waters. Sorry, but the reasons are not "exactly" the same. Saying so is being intellectually dishonest and it could make your point much weaker...

....if you really want to be heard, you should at least compare apples to apples and not compare the situation at Willard with spawning areas of waters that are NOT similar. For example, comparing the situation at Willard to Kolob or Paragonah Reservoirs or Manning Meadow Reseroir is totally different because at Kolob and Paragonah fish populations are almost totally reliant on successful spawns. And, a reservoir like Manning Meadow--which is used as a hatchery--is even more different because the eggs of spawning fish are used to stock fish throughout the state. The spawning fish at the inlet at Willard are NOT relied upon to sustain the fishery by reproducing.

Again, I agree that illegal snagging should be stopped and closing the inlet to fishing will do this. However, your list of fisheries that are closed to spawning are NOT closed to fishing for the exact same reasons...

...in essence, what you are, then, asking is that fishing should be closed to protect all spawning fish. And, I would totally disagree with this notion as would most fishermen!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [WiperMac] Letter to the Governor, Willard Bay inlet - by wormandbobber - 11-15-2013, 06:52 PM