Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Powered 'Toon
Both are solid choices with different strengths (as pointed out by FG). The Assault XX will give you more room for gear or to take along a fishing buddy. While we bought a second 2-person boat (Avenger XX), we plan on keeping the Assault because it's performed so well under so many conditions.

I've had two pin-size holes in my Assault that were both my fault -- left the cotter pins in the foot-rest bar and then rolled up raft. Didn't notice until got on water and saw bubbles coming up between my legs (not those kind of bubbles[blush]). Both were fixed within minutes using small tube of Loon UV wader repair.

My experience is that the only way you'll get a hole in your Assault is if you drag it over a sharp object (broken glass), sit on it with a Bowie knife at your side, or otherwise pierce it with a sharp object.

We've beach ours on rocky/sandy shores over a 100 times and bounced off and over some serious river rocks with no sign of wear on side or bottom. The Assault is one tough 'toon. Enjoy.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Need New Powered 'Toon - by atvaholic - 02-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Re: [idahoron] Need New Powered 'Toon - by jmach - 02-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Re: [atvaholic] Need New Powered 'Toon - by kandersonSLC - 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM