Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14
[#0000FF]I don't fish the Knolls as much during March and April. Usually hit Lindon and Lincoln more until about the end of April. But I almost always catch cats at the Knolls.

I have tried for the walleyes there early a couple of times...without great success. But I know others who swear by it and have caught lots of wallies...not just off the rocks but a couple of places along the other shorelines too.

Most of the walleyes I have caught at the Knolls have been post spawn...late May and June...while pitching plastics, spinners or cranks for white bass. The walleyes tend to hang out in the places the whities are grouping up and they hit the same lures.

I really miss not being able to launch and fish at the Knolls. My contacts at DWR assure me that there are positive negotiations going on with the land owners in the area. There are proposals on the table to secure limited access to the public in return for some improvements in roads and security. But whenever multiple parties are involved...and anything to do with governing agencies...you know it ain't gonna happen quickly.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14 - by TubeDude - 03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Re: [fishjon] Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14 - by TubeDude - 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM