Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14
"It sounds like the water is still just a little cold for the fish to get too excited."

[#0000FF]It has been an unusual year on most waters. Utah Lake has stayed cooler...longer...than is customary. A few walleyes are spawning sporadically but some are still in prespawn feeding mode. I suspected as much, since several guys have reported catching large females on lures during the past week. Once they begin spawning it is rare to catch feeding females.

The fish I kept today did have two large well developed egg skeins...but they were still tight and the eggs were a ways from being ready to squirt. I suspect we can still catch a few out in deeper water for a while yet...with the major part of the spawn happening around the full moon next month.

Some of those guys in the boats down there recognize me...for better or for worser. When they see me catch fish they treat me like the other boaters and move in up close and personal. But I have been a bit "vocal" about that...when they start bouncing heavy jigs off my float tube. So some of them like me and others treat me like a wacky wallie angler. Overall, I am polite and cordial and will answer questions if they ask politely. But some don't bother with politeness. They just move right in like they own the lake.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14 - by TubeDude - 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Re: [gofish435] Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14 - by TubeDude - 03-25-2014, 12:10 AM