Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14
[quote gettingthereok]son, lol believe me i have fished way more than i should have in my life, just because i dont post every fish i catch on here.I have caught enough fish to know i would not croak that spawner.If it was a novice or a young kid i could understand, but any decent walleye stick can catch a couple males to eat .The part that got to me is when the dude was complaining about the inlet fishing at willard, which is also very legal and for people without boats one of the few chances they have to join in the fun and catch a walleye .You elitists on this board are down on them but they pay there license and maybe dont have the means to bottom bounce or troll cranks.The bottom line is i dont think any decent walleye or bass guy should be killing spawners with eggs on the bed or close.[/quote]

If you keep a female fish in the middle of summer you are stopping her from spawning next March so what is the difference between that and harvesting one when she has eggs? I bet you don't bat an eye when you harvest them in the summer... [laugh] You do realize there are thousands and thousands of big walleye in Utah Lake...

Technically catching males is not great for spawning either... if you are that worried about the spawning fish you should release them to take care of business too...

Tubedude caught his fish in the mouth, it ate his jig... you can't compare that situation to his distaste for snaggers at the Willard inlet. Totally different scenario and different fishery too.

Walleye fisherman don't have to spend money on boats, bottom bouncers or crankbaits... the cheapest and often most effective way to catch walleyes is with lead jigs heads and softplastics.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14 - by TubeDude - 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Re: [gettingthereok] Lincoln Beach Launch 3-24-14 - by Gemcityslayer - 03-26-2014, 04:39 AM