Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank fishing the snake river (with boat)
Sounds like basically you are talking the stretch between Marsing and CJ strike Dam, that is a big area, between Swan Falls and Celebration Park is no place for a jon boat, you need a semi-v with a 90 hp or bigger jet, there are 3 very fast rapids in that section, I know, ran it lots of times with my smaller jet sled and my bigger sled I have now, not a place for rookie's, I got it shown too me twice before I attempted that section, also had been boating the snake for 3 years prior, so be careful if you plan too fish in there..... most of the other sections should be fine, carry a rope in case you can't get up in a couple place's (sand bars, fast current area's, rocks, ect.) that way you will never be stuck stuck and not be able too get back up stream, and a jon boat is the way too go IMO, but that's all I have ever had are jon boats and semi-v jet boats, you want a 9.9 horse 4 stroke prop on a 12 ft. Jon, my buddy's uses that and fishes the crap outa the snake river with minimal issue's..... and you can fish out of it, carry a river anchor with 4 ft of chain attached and you can do most places on the river, you can get a used electric troller online for probably 100 bucks, if you have any questions about area's you can boat on the river just let me know, I know everything from Brownlee Dam too Glenn's Ferry.....
Matt
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [IchaseTheCat] Bank fishing the snake river (with boat) - by Duck-Slayer - 04-01-2014, 01:31 AM